I’m going to a blogging conference called Mom 2.0 Summit. Jeremy is
I’ve been mentally packing for weeks, though, in typical me fashion, I probably won’t pack until Wednesday night. You know, 8 hours before we leave.
Here’s a list I’ve been sorting through, rearranging, adding and subtracting from in my head.
What I’m taking to Mom 2.0 Summit:
• My sweet little netbook. In anticipation of all the tweeting, writing, blogging and photoediting I’d be doing in the next year, my ridiculously awesome hubby got me a Toshiba netbook this past Christmas.
• My beloved Canon, a full battery, and an empty CF card. I’ve seen the pictures that come out of some of those after-conference parties. I think I’ll be safer behind the lens, than in front. Plus, we’re going to NEW ORLEANS. Gorgeous town full of gorgeous food, buildings and people.
• My new BlackBerry. For instant tweeting, texting Jeremy about how much fun I’m having, finding other conferees, and taking notes on the fly.
(Sidenote... What I'm Not Taking: reading material. Because I’m pretty sure I won’t have time to pick up as much as a cereal box to read the back of. I’m reading some really good books right now (I have a terrible habit of switching books mid-chapter, therefore confusing the snot outta myself), but I’m not taking any of them. I can't read in the car, either, because I get carsickness like The Baby gets naked. Which means: easily and all the time. And on the off-chance that Jeremy and I run out of things to say to each other on the drive down there, I downloaded Tina Fey’s new book, Bossypants, in awesome audio form, and can listen to that for a bit.)
• My beat-up old BlackBerry. In case both my computer and my phone die, I’ll still have access to note-taking.
• My trusty iGo charger. Because I have a tendency to run down phone batteries when I’m out in public.
• My $1 Target bin Where the Wild Things Are notebook. In case I have to actually use a… what’s that thing called again?... a pen.
• My Ziploc bag. To put other pretty cards in. Otherwise I’d stuff them all in my bag and I’d lose half of them. So. Ziploc bag.
• My rockstar fleur-de-lis t-shirt that I convinced my stepmother to buy for me when she dragged me into a bona fide Country & Western store. Because fleur-de-lis = NOLA (Also, I have a long-standing and deep-rooted love of fleur-de-lis. That's another story.)
• My deodorant. Because? Nervous nerves + walking around New Orleans in April = smelly me.
• My ever-expanding Mom 2.0 Twitter list o’ fantasticness.
• My new favorite prep-post, from Amy Turn Sharp.
• My learning face. It’s hard to say whether I’m looking forward more to meeting new friends or hearing new ideas. In the great scope of blogtasticness, I’m a baby. I have so much to learn, and some of the brightest, funniest minds in the blogosphere will be there. Sitting on a stage, telling me how to Do. It. Right.
• My brave face. I’m actually sort of terrified to be walking into a room full of 400 people, knowing exactly one soul. (Hi, Kyran!)
But I’m so excited. I am so, so excited. I’ve “met” several fabulous women via the twitters, or a facebook group, or through their awesome blogs and etsy shops. I am thrilled to make real-life connections, even if it means I have physically remove myself from my comfort zone and superglue a smile on my face and shove my hand out and force myself to say, “Hi! I’m Savannah B!”
• My life list. Totally crossing off #55.
I can’t wait. I can’t wait. I can’t wait.