I'm borrowing the Monday Mash-Up title from my beautiful and talented friend, Amy at Freaky Perfect.
Basically, I'll save up the best posts that land in my Google Reader throughout the week, and I'll round them up here on Mondays. I've been keeping several of this first batch for quite a while now (because you also know how I am about procrastinating, which is that I do it a lot).
Enjoy, gentle readers!
- I like this guy, Tony Reinke. He posts short (and sometimes long) paragraphs from several theologians. I particularly like the one collected from letters written by C.S. Lewis, regarding his nephews' visit. Little Cyclones, indeed.
- I am amazed all over again every time Matt Owen creates another minimalist movie poster. Dude has talent. (And a really cute baby girl.)
- I bookmarked two posts from my internet friend Katy at Bird on the Street. In Quantify This, she writes about her special needs son Charlie's quality of life. Charlie is super cute, and loved beyond measure. Katy is one of my favorite bloggers, and her post about being Good Enough is proof of why, if you even needed proof.
- If you're not reading Alice Bradley's blog, Finslippy, you're totally missing out. (And this post on Being an Object then Not Being an Object? Killer.) I met Alice and her writing-partner-in-crime, Eden Kennedy, in New Orleans last year at Mom 2.0. I kind of fan-girled and fawned over them, but I really want them to be my cool aunts. Is there an adopt-a-niece program I don't know about yet?
- I love love love That Cover Girl's blog, and I love love love That Cover Girl herself. Another beautiful and talented IRL friend of mine, Capillya, does what everybody tells you not to- she judges books by their covers. Sorta. Actually, she scours the Earth for good/bad/ugly YA book covers, then she writes smart things about their design, whereas I would just say "oooh, pretty" and drool a little.
- One more for this week, yes? Charmed Valerie is not only knock-out gorgeous, she's really sweet, too. I wish I could hate her, what with the gorgeous and the sweet, but I can't. I met Valerie at Type-A last year, and she's just an all-around fabulous girl (with two really cute little boys!). She does a lot of fashion vlogging, and I love this one she did about turning a t-shirt into an infinity scarf. Genius.
I have a virtual heap-ton more, but I don't want to overwhelm you. So for now, check out the good stuff, and know that there is more good coming your way.
|Happy President's Day, Billy Taft. That's one heckuva 'stache.|
ps- I'm still actively hating Pinterest, but I'm also actively pinning things on Pinterest. Go see, if you must.